The reports below by Eng. Qamar Uddin proves beyond any doubt that the Saudi Ummul Qura calendar does not match the visibility of the moon, which has been falsely promoted as a religious calendar by some people in the UK and abroad due to their lack of understandings in these technical matters.
- Solar Eclipse and the Ummul Qura Calendar [English]
- Solar Eclipse and the Ummul Qura Calendar [اردو]
- Solar Eclipse and the Ummul Qura Calendar [বাংলা]
- Solar Eclipse and the Ummul Qura Calendar [العربية]
The Islamic Calendar according to Muslims in the UK, by Mufti Amjad Mohammed
The purpose of this paper is to investigate the methodology that Muslims in the UK adopt in order to determine the start of the Islamic months. The paper will restrict itself to those positions within the definition of observation rather than astronomical predictions. [Read more]
- Solar and Lunar Eclipses by Khalid Shaukat
- Science of Moon Sighting
- The Lunar Date of Full Moon
- Basics of Lunar Months
- Hidden Phase of the Moon (Mahaq)
- Hilal Sighting & Islamic Dates By Dr Salman Shaikh
- Element of Place Is Dominant in Eid al Adha by ISNA
- Is it Sunnah to use Crescent Visibility Maps?
- How to make Hijri Calendar Prayer Timetables
- Is it possible to sight the moon in South Africa before Morocco?
- The Theory of Global Moon Sighting And Flat-Earth (pdf)
- Survey Results Regional Moon Sighting Criteria (94% Yes, 6% No)
- Letter to Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Motala Sahib (حفظه الله), Darul Uloom Bury
- Moon Sighting Practice And Darul Uloom Bury
- Proposal for a United Eid (1439AH/2018 - 1443AH/2022)
- Why look for the moon on the 29th date and the next day?
If you have any comments regarding the above article, please email us via our on-line Contact Us form.