The Solar Eclipse reports below by Eng. Qamar Uddin proves beyond any doubt that the Saudi Ummul Qura calendar does not match the visibility of the moon, which has been falsely promoted as a religious calendar by some people in the UK and abroad due to their lack of understandings in these technical matters.
See Also: The Islamic Calendar according to Muslims in the UK, by Mufti Amjad Mohammed [Read more]
- Solar and Lunar Eclipses by Khalid Shaukat
- Science of Moon Sighting
- The Lunar Date of Full Moon
- Basics of Lunar Months
- Hidden Phase of the Moon (Mahaq)
- Hilal Sighting & Islamic Dates By Dr Salman Shaikh
- Element of Place Is Dominant in Eid al Adha by ISNA
- Is it Sunnah to use Crescent Visibility Maps?
- First day's moon on UK horizon
- How to make Hijri Calendar Prayer Timetables
- Is it possible to sight the moon in South Africa before Morocco?
- The Theory of Global Moon Sighting And Flat-Earth (pdf)
- Survey Results Regional Moon Sighting Criteria (94% Yes, 6% No)
- Letter to Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Motala Sahib (حفظه الله), Darul Uloom Bury
- Moon Sighting Practice And Darul Uloom Bury
- Proposal for a United Eid (1439AH/2018 - 1443AH/2022)
- Why look for the moon on the 29th date and the next day?
- Significance and Virtues of Dhul Hijjah (first 10 days)
- Spot the Moon Photo Competition (from 1439/2017)
- Anonymous Membership and Donation Procedures
- Towards a United Eid in the UK Survey Results (Oct 2018)
- The Fallacy of 1986 Moon Sighting Meeting (at Darul-Uloom Bury)
- Ramadan Dates for Saudi Arabia and Morocco (1986 - 2019) PDF
- Regional Moon Sighting and the Use of Optical Aid
If you have any comments regarding the above article, please email us via our on-line Contact Us form.